assalamu'alaikum wrt wbt.
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup milk <-- i use coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 F. Butter a 9-inch pie plate and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter and sugar and whisk until incorporated. Add eggs and continue to whisk until smooth. Next add in the flour, coconut, milk and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Scrap the batter into the pie plate and bake in the lower third of the oven for 45-55 minutes, until the pie is fairly dark golden (will be darker at the edges) and firm to the touch. Transfer the pie to a wire rack and cool completely before serving.
- Store the pie covered in the refrigerator.