since i had gain weight considerably over 3months..
no more brownies and high calories munchies
so, welcome healthy baking! ;)
am not sure whether this recipe can be considered as healthy or not
(the amount of butter is quite huge! if only i have applesauce..)
but when the word OAT is in the recipe
that is so very healthy already. at least for me :)
For the Crumble:
- 5 1/4 ounces rolled oats (1 1/2 cups)
- 7 1/2 ounces soft light brown sugar (1 cup, packed))
- 6 1/2 ounces of plain flour (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 ounces butter, melted (3/4 cup)
- 3 3/4 ounces soft light brown sugar (1/2 cup packed)
- 2 TBS cornflour (cornstarch)
- 6 fluid ounces water (3/4 cup)
- 6 ounces sultana raisins (1 cup)
- the juice and finely grated zest of one unwaxed lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly butter an 8 inch square baking pan. Line with baking parchment, leaving an overhang to help lift the baked squares out.
- Place all the ingredients for the filling in a saucepan, with the exception of the lemon and lemon zest. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon zest and juice. Set aside.
- Whisk the oats, brown sugar, flour, soda and salt together in a bowl. Pour the melted butter over top and mix well together until nice and crumbly.
- Press half of the crumbs into the prepared pan. Spoon the sultana filling evenly over top. Sprinkle the remainder of the crumbs over top and press down lightly.