tapi tak sempat rasa.. sebab puasa
dah mintak resepi siap2..
lepas tu entah letak kat mana
sabo je la!
pagi tadi try gugel
jumpa kat kidspot
hmm.. lebih kurang je..
jalan je lah!
tak sabar nak korbankan honey stars..
yang dah berbulan2 tersadai!
|potong kecik2 senang nak ngap ;)|
- ½ cup (125mL) honey <-- i add 2tbs of peanut butter
- ¼ cup caster sugar <-- replace with 1/8cup brown sugar
- 125g butter
- 3 cups rolled oats (see note for GF) <-- use 2cups only
- 1 cup rice bubbles <-- use 2cups of honey stars
- 1 cup sultanas <-- my son kept adding more and more!!
- ½ cup chopped apricots or dates or choc chips <-- i opt for choc chips
- ½ cup desiccated coconut <-- i use 2tbs only (dont really like it :p)
- ¼ cup pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels), sunflower or sesame seeds <-- use sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a slice tray with baking paper <-- i use swiss-roll tray
- Combine honey, sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes or until syrup thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour over the hot syrup and stir to combine.
- Spoon into prepared pan and press firmly to make sure the mixture will stick together.
- I wet my fingers with a bit of cold water and press the top to get a smooth finish.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool and then refrigerate until well chilled and cut into 24 slices (about 2cm x 6cm). <--definitely must be chilled first otherwise you'll get a crumbly muesli instead of a bar..
- To make these muesli bars gluten free, use 2 cups of crushed cornflakes and 2 cups of rice bubbles.
- The mixture has a total of 1½ cups of dried fruit – use whatever combination you or your kids prefer.
- You could use half honey, half smooth peanut butter in the ‘syrup’ or add nuts to the mixture
since cik abe is really into healthy-thingy nowadays..
he really likes this muesli bar ;)