no. i am not taking orders
just helping her out..
the week old lemon is still untouched
the yogurt is past due date
any other good reason to hit this recipe??
1st time baking in fluted tube pan..
which i bought to make chiffon/ sponge cake
it didnt turn out well
the base is not as crusty as the top
i suppose i shouldve prolong the baking time
but i just proceed with the glazing..
the 1st recipe from this book
- 1cup butter (225g)
- 1.5cup caster sugar
- 4 eggs separated
- 2tsp grated lemon rind
- 85ml lemon juice
- 1cup plain yogurt
- 2cup plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1/2tsp salt
- grate 1 lemon skin and press the juice out <-- i love the smell...
- preheat oven: 180Celcius. grease fluted or bundt pan & dust with flour
- cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy <-- medium speed, about 5min.
- add egg yolks one at a time
- add lemon rind, lemon juice and yogurt
- sift flour, baking powder and baking soda
- in another bowl, whisk egg whites and salt until stiff peaks are formed
- fold dry ingredients into butter mixture
- fold in a dollop of egg whites. fold in the remaining until well blended
- pour in the prepared tin. bake for 50mins
- 1cup icing sugar
- 2tbs lemon juice
- 3-4tbs plain yogurt
- sift icing sugar into bowl.
- stir in lemon juice
- stir in yogurt just enough to make glaze
- pour the glaze over the cake
love lemon. love yogurt. love the cake!