tatkala kepala kata rest
kaki turun jugak kedapur
tangan terus keluarkan butter dll.
saja nak try buat sebab nak guna rosewater
beli dulu semata2 nk buat puding arab ~ muhallebi
nak guna 1sdb tp terpaksa beli sebotol besar!
dan dlm madeleine ni pun cuma guna 1sdb
bila nak habih??
sumber: nigella's baking book
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter + 1 Tbsp, divided
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp rosewater
- 1 Tbsp confectioner sugar (optional)
- Melt the butter over very low heat.
- Remove 1 Tbsp of melted butter into another container. Leave the rest 5 Tbsp to cool.
- Combine egg, sugar, and salt in a bowl and beat with a electric mixer on high for at least 5 minutes until mixture is lightly yellow and resembles mayonnaise
- Sift flour over mixture. Fold it in just until combined.
- Fold in rosewater and cooled 5 Tbsp of butter until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Take out the bowl and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, pre-heat over to 425 F. Butter a madeleine pan with the remaining butter.
- After 30 minutes of resting in room temperature, start filling the pan with small spoonful of "dough." Use about 3/4 tsp size so that each well looks 3/4 full. Just drop the dough without forming it. It will melt and fill the well in the over before rising.
- Bake fo 8-10 minutes until the edges of cookies are golden brown.
- Remove them immediately from pan onto a cooling rack.
- Dust with confectioner sugar before serving.
If desired, rosewater can be replaced with vanilla extract. Just use 1 tsp instead of 1 Tbsp. This can be added to the egg mixture first.
some might like it.. i prefer the lemony taste madeleine :|