assalamu'alaikum wrt wbt
this. has been in my dream. for almost a month!
lama tuh! hehe.. asik mimpi ja sebab lupa nak beli choc bar!
tapi bila dah beli choc bar.. takdak kesempatan nak buat.. (alasan!)
i made this last nite despite of excruciating pain in my knee (ahkak dah tua!)
its for my kids to munch while watching tv (cuti skolah tgk tv aja kerjanya!)
tsk tsk tsk.. not a good snack lah ummi!
haha.. alasan keji. padahal ummi yg teringin nak rasa :p
|kek coklet yg paling chocolatey! sila sejukkan dulu utk lebih yummy!|
source: thelittleteochew (from Tish Boyle Sweet Dreams)
Makes 6 individual cakes.
Storage: in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Special Equipment: one 6-cake Bundt-lette pan.
- 1 cup cake flour (plain flour is fine too) <-- i use superfine flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar <-- i reduced to 1cup
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua(optional) <-- i use 2Tbs coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ounces finely chopped bittersweet chocolate or 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate morsels bittersweet <-- i use beryls dark chocolate
1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F). Generously grease the interior of a 6-cake Bundt-lette pan (it's best to use shortening here). Dust the molds with flour and tap out the excess.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, beat the butter at medium speed for 2 minutes, until very creamy. Gradually beat in the sugar. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat for 3 minutes, until the mixture is well blended and light. At medium speed, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
4. In a small bowl, stir together the buttermilk, Kahlua and vanilla extract. If your mixer has a splatter shield attachment, attach it now. At low speed, add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture in three additions, alternating it with the buttermilk cream mixture in two additions, and mixing just until blended. Remove the bowl from the mixer stand and stir in the finely chopped chocolate or miniature semisweet morsels. Scrape the batter into the prepared cake molds, dividing it evenly and smoothing the tops.
5. Bake the cakes for 25 to 30 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center of a cake comes out clean. Cool the cakes in the pan set on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
6. Invert the cakes onto the rack and cool completely.
* If you intend to chill the cake(s), make sure they are stored in a tightly-lidded container to prevent drying out.