assalamu'alaikum wrt wbt
sabtu lepas beli leeks di pasar tani..
hajat dihati nak buat cream soup
tapi asikla lupa nak beli heavy cream
bila guna susu segar buat creamy carrot+cauliflower soup tak laku!
budak2 tak minat. mau yg betul2 pekat jugak. mau mushroom jugak.
sudahnya, leeks dikorbankan buat quiche.
dan dibawak sebagai bekal sarapan di pejabat.
- 4 sliced whites of leek* <-- i use almost the whole leek.. up to the green part.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- 1 big onion
- A bit of oil
- 1 ½ Tablespoon of flour
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup of plain yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper (or more)
- A pinch of nutmeg
- ½ cup of grated swiss, mozzarella, or whatever white cheese you like
- ½ cup of grated cheddar
- Deep pie shell [works well with frozen pie, but of course you can make your own pie] <-- i use my frozen dan lepard's pie crust. yummy!
- Clean and cut the whites of the leeks in tiny piece
- Put them in 1 cup of water, add 1 Tablespoon of butter, cover and bring to a boil, when it starts boiling, uncover, lower a bit the heat, keep about 20 mn or until leeks are tender, strain the leeks
- While the leeks are cooking, peel the onion, cut in small pieces, and sauté in skillet with a bit of oil
- Preheat the oven to 385 (195C)
- When onions are tender and golden, sprinkle with the flour, mix well, cook slowly for an extra 3min.
- While onions are cooking, beat the eggs in a mixing bowl, with yogurt, pepper, nutmeg, and the grated white cheese
- Add cooked onions and leeks to the mixture
- Check the seasoning
- Pour into the pie shell
- Spread the grated cheddar on top. i sprinkled chili flakes on top as well.
- Bake for 30min, or until the quiche is puffed and browned.
i think this is the yummiest quiche i ever made ;)