assalamu'alaikum wrm wbt
|look ma. no crust!|
source: popina book of baking
- 90g golden caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 40ml groundnut oil <-- i use vegetable oil
- 55ml milk
- 140g flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 6 large plums, stoned and halved
- 2 tbsp apricot jam, to glaze (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Grease and flour your baking pan.
- Put the sugar and the egg in a mixing bowl and mix with an electric whisk.
- Add the oil, milk, flour, and baking powder and mix again until combined.
- Transfer to the prepared baking tin and spread evenly.
- Sit the plums, cut side up, over the mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until deep golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, put the apricot jam, if using, in a small saucepan and heat gently until melted and runny. Brush the jam all over the tart with a pastry brush and leave for a few more minutes before serving.
tis.. is the most easiest tart!