assalamu'alaikum wrm wbt
kek ini dibuat sempena farewell
seorang teman sepejabat
yang bakal bercuti bersalin
dan bakal bekerjasama dgn industri
selama satu tahun!
am gonna miss u so much gee!!!
sumber: the little teochew
- 195g all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 140g package cream cheese, room temperature
- 200g castor sugar <-- i reduced to 175g
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract <-- i replaced with 1tsp lemon juice
- Zest of a lemon or orange
- Preheat oven to 175°C and place rack in center of oven. Butter and line an 8-inch round cake tin. I used a 6-inch square cake tin and it was too small, resulting in the top doming and cracking. If you are using a square tin, a 7-inch one should be just right. <-- i use 8x4 loaf pan and got extra 3 mini loaf size. i think it should be enough.. in 8x4 as mine is quite short loaf cake.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar, in three additions, beating well after each addition. Continue beating on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla and lemon zest and beat until incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for about 50 mins. Do check at the 30 min-mark for over-browning.
- Remove the cake from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 20 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and cool completely. (The cake is cooled in the pan first for about 20 minutes so the cake has time to set. The cake may collapse if you try to remove it from the pan too soon.)
- This cake will keep several days at room temperature and one week when refrigerated. Can also be frozen.
|one short loaf cake :D|
matsaleh's recipes are very sweet.. and normally i would reduce the sugar amount.. and i know it would compensate the texture of the cake.. so i googled the effects and found this info from tlc. hmm.. 10-15% reduction wont affect much. so.. i think my cake is reasonable good in texture and sweetness.