assalamu'alaikum wrm wbt.
ever since shirley @kokken69 posted it in her blog..
i've been dreaming of this cake
imagining how am i going to do it - sort of exercising the steps in my mind
ok. its a little bit overboard since its only a pound cake
nobody can go wrong making pound cake, i suppose.
but then, when i saw sis rima posted it. aduyai..
i feel like running back home from the office
and bake this cake there & then!
i finally made this for my department meeting
(yup! i need a reason to bake)
|moist + gebu + lemak merdu - everything u asked for in a cake!|
Cinnamon Streusel Swirl
- 1/2 cup (60g) All purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (72g) Firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp(42g) Unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups (242g) All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (57g) Cake flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Ground cardamom
- 1cup (227g) Unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups (400g) Castor sugar (I used 340g)
- 3 large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Finely grated orange zest <-- i used lemon zest.
- 1cup (240ml) Butter Milk
|the best pound cake i ever made. sungguh! tak tipu!|
1. Preheat oven to 170C / 325F. If using a bundt pan, grease the inside of a 10inch bundt pan with butter and dust it with flour. I used a loaf pan and lined it with baking paper.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients of the Cinnamon swirl. Add the melted butter and stir until blended and crumbly.
3. Sift together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cardamom into a medium bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
4. Using a paddle attachment, cream butter for 2 mins at medium speed in a mixer until very creamy. (2mins) Gradually add in the sugar and continue beating at medium high speed until pale and light. (4mins)
5. At medium speed, add in eggs one at a time and mix to incorporate eggs well.
6. Add vanilla extract and orange zest. Add in the flour in 3 portions, alternating it with milk (2 additions). Mix until just combined.
7. Scrape half of the batter into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer. Sprinkle the streusel mixture evenly over the batter. Scrape the remaining batter on top and smooth it into an even layer.
8. Bake the cake for 65 to 75mins, until the cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Cool the cake for 15 mins before turing out the cake to cool completely.
|u complete me.|
utk kek yg sedap sila guna butter yg sedap. hehe.. sah2 la kan..? :p
butter yg paling sedap utk buat cake to me so far is SCS.. tapi mahalnya tak ampun!
and pls.. don't opt out the ground cardamom (buah pelaga) - that is one of the reason this pound cake is different from others. combined with the fresh grated lemon/ orange zest.. it tastes so exotic & dramatic! (ayat yg sgt over.)