assalamu'alaikum wrm wbt.
let us recite selawat before we start
allahumma solli 'ala muhammad wa'ala aali muhammad
kama sollaita'ala ibraheem wa'ala aali ibraheem
innaka hameedun majeed
allahumma baarik 'ala muhammad wa'ala aali muhammad
kama barakta'ala ibraheem wa'ala aali ibraheem
innaka hameedun majeed
alhamdulillahi rabbil 'alameen
thank you Allah for giving us opportunity to breath and live for another day
thank you Allah for giving us beautiful earth and sky for us to live by
my boy wanted to bring cake for maulidurrasul celebration
they held it today, in the school.
he does not want a chocolate cake
he prefers orange cake over chocolate cake
but he is one hantu-chocolate just like his ummi!
how come he does not like chocolate cake??
and he wanted it to be baked in bundt pan
so i searched for orange bundt cake
and settled on this recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c sugar
- zest of 2 Seville oranges
- juice of 2 Seville oranges + enough plain yogurt to measure 1 cup
- 1/3 cup olive oil <-- i used canola
- 1 tsp vanilla extract <-- nope. didnt put this.
- juice of 2 Seville oranges
- 4 T sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter and flour your bundt pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In another bowl, combine the sugar and the orange zest together. Blend well so that the oils in the zest release into the sugar and becomes fragrant. Beat the eggs into the sugar until well combined and stir in the yogurt, orange juice, vanilla and olive oil. Add in flour mixture and stir until everything is all mixed.
4. Pour batter into the bundt pan, smoothing the tops with a spatula. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the tops are golden and a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack.
5. While cake is cooling, mix together the sugar and the orange juice in a small saucepan until the sugar melts. Using a pastry brush, generously brush the orange syrup over the cake. Poke the cake a few times with a skewer if need be to help soak in the syrup, because the wetter this cake gets with the orange syrup the better it will be.
insyaallah pics will be uploaded later in the evening.