assalamu'alaikum wrm wbt
eve's pudding is an english (england) recipe
which i found in le cordon bleu's dessert book
finally, after 3weeks.. my oversize overripe pear is khalas!
source: le cordon bleu's dessert
- 2-3 cooking apples, peel and slice <-- i used pear
- lemon juice
- 100g castor sugar to sprinkle on the apple <-- i use 1Tbs only
- 50g unsalted butter
- 50g castor sugar <-- i use brown sugar
- 1/2tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 87.5g self raising flour <-- alamak! i used 100g! no wonder the texture is as hard as a rock! kwang-kwang-kwang.. :p
|rocky topping thanks to unintentionally extra flours :p|
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C. Lightly butter a 1 litre baking dish. Set aside.
- Peel, core and slice the apples thinly. Place them into a bowl and mix together with the lemon juice and sugar. Pour this mixture into the buttered baking dish
- Cream the butter together with the caster sugar, until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg. mixing it in well. Fold in the flour lightly and then spread the resulting batter over top of the apples in the baking dish.
- Bake for 1hr to 1 1/4hr until the apples are soft and the sponge is firm and nicely browned.
- use tropical fruits such as pineapple or papaya, replace 2Tbs flour with 2Tbs dessicated coconut
- use dark soft fruits such as blackberry or blackcurrant, add lemon juice to sponge mixture
- use peaches, add few drops of rosewater to sponge mixture
|this is how eve's pudding should turn out - smooth top!|