assalamu'alaikum wrm wbt,
while making dinner for kids,
i made this for my other half
alhamdulillah.. he likes it!
i have made a tart with pizza dough before
great for dinner, insyaallah.
source: popina book of baking
- 220g strong flour <-- i used 50g wholemeal flour + 170g bread flour
- 1 tsp dried quick yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 egg
- 80ml warm water
- 160g aubergine, chopped
- 2 large red peppers, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 50ml olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2tsp crushed black pepper
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbs chopped parsley <-- nil.
- 110g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 150g greek yogurt
- mix the flour, yeast and salt in a bowl. make well in center and pour in the oil, egg and water. draw everything together with your hands until you get a soft dough.
- transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for a couple of minutes. the dough should be soft but not sticky. if sticky, add a little flour and knead again. roll out the dough with a rolling pin until 3mm thick.
- preheat oven to 180C.
- put the eggplant, peppers and onions in a non-stick roasting pan, drizzle with oil and season well with salt and pepper. cover the pan with aluminum foil. bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until just soft. Drain any excess juice from the roasted vegetables.
- reduce heat to 170C.
- line the tart tin with pizza dough but do not trim the edges yet. set aside.
- stir the tomatoes, parsley, and half the cheese into the roasted vegetables and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the yogurt and remaining cheese. spoon into the tart shell.
- Scatter the roasted vegetables over the yogurt, spreading it evenly. trim the excess of pizza dough neatly around the edges.
- bake for 25-30 minutes. remove from the oven and leave to cool.