which i only remember when i see this post from bakeforhappykids
i have that same book.. and had bookmarked this recipe for quite some time
but i was too tired to do it last nite.
today i got extra energy (from eating lotsof durian i suppose!)
i baked this carrot cake for tomorrow's meeting
which has been postponed again and again..
due to so many unforeseen circumstances..
i suppose we might just as well cancel the whole agenda!
i wonder what makes this cake "super-delicious"
isit because it uses butter instead of oil??
source: cake keeper cakes by lauren chattman
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar <-- i use 3/4cups
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dark rasins
- 2 cup peeled and grated carrots (about 4 carrots)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Coat an 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray and dust with flour, knocking out any extra.
- Whisk together the butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Whisk in the eggs and then the milk. Stir in both flours, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt until combined. Stir in the walnuts, raisins and carrots.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Bake the cake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 min. Let the cake cool in the pan for about 15 min, invert it onto a wire rack, and then turn it right side up on a rack to cool completely. Cut into 9 squares and serve.
- Store uneaten squares in a cake keeper or wrap in plastic and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
hmm.. on 2nd thought.. resepi carrot cake yg lain pun senang jugak. cuma leceh nk grate carrot tu ja.. i did the grating & the rest, is done by luqman. happy betui anak teruna tu dapat tolong ummi buat kek. hehe..
|suka tgk gambar ni.. luqman lompat tak gerak kedepan pun.. dok lompat setempat sbb lumpur melekat! hehe..|
hohoho.. this is really super delicious carrot cake!
and love by many (konon! padahal yg makan geng meeting ja :p)
but seriously, this is the best carrot cake i ever had - so far
a definite keeper!