tapinya buat jugak sebab taknak kasik anak teruna minum pepsi
hahaha.. taknak kasik minum tapi taruk dlm kek! what an irony!
ok. kek ni saya buat utk b'day kakak ipar di semenyih.
this is not really a birthday cake.. its a GIFT cake ;)
(adik ipau sudah pokai di awal bulan!)
anyway, i suppose she already have a proper bday cake from her daughters
sumber: nigella's how to be a domestic goddess
- 200g plain flour
- 250g golden caster sugar <-- i used regular caster & reduce to 195g
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 125 ml buttermilk (or 30g yogurt mixed with 100ml semi skimmed milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125g unsalted butter
- 175 ml Coca Cola <-- i used pepsi
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 225g icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons Coca Cola <-- pepsi
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to180c/gas mark 4 and line 22-23cm springform tin with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Beat the egg, buttermilk and vanilla in a measuring jug. In a heavy-based saucepan, melt the butter, cocoa and Coca Cola, heating it gently. Pour into the dry ingredients, stir well with a wooden spoon, then add the liquid ingredients from the measuring jug, beating until it is well blended.
- Pour into a measuring jug and then pour into cake pans. Leave to stand for 15 minutes in the pan before unmoulding.
- Prepare the icing: Sift the icing sugar and set aside. In a heavy-based saucepan, combine the butter, cola and cocoa and stir over low heat until the butter has melted. Remove from the heat. Add the vanilla and spoon in the sifted icing sugar, beating as you do so, until you’ve got a spreadable but still runny icing. While the cake is still warm, pour the icing over it. Leave to cool before transferring to a serving plate.
the cake is moist awrite but..
the icing is toooooooooo sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
next time (if there is!) i'll make the cake only :|
ok, there might be next time since i have another can of pepsi
but i'll make it into cuppies instead.. and use normal choc ganache for frosting.
boleh kena kencing manis tahap kronik if i were to lick the coke frosting!
when you eat the icing with the cake.. the sweetness of the icing is quite bearable.
there was a change of plan.. we didnt go to my sil house (jem sgt kritikal on friday nite) and i brought this cake for a mini reunion the next day.. all my friends love it! semua kata sedap! and yet.. if i were to highlight this to my cik abe.. he would say, "benda free memangla sedap!" aiyaahhhh.. so very un-encouraging! nasib baik telinga cik adik nih mcm kulit gajah.. katalah apa pun.. i will still bake and bake and bake! :p