i've seen lots and loads of panettone bread
in beautiful red or blue boxesin cold storage supermarket
during previous christmas season
1st time i came across the panettone word
was during european bread class
and its one of my favorite bread!
but to my surprise
when i peek into here and here and here
the recipes totally differs from what i've learned
all of them had dried fruits
- 500gm bread flour
- 100gm salted butter (room temperature)
- 2tsp dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 50g sugar
- 300ml milk (room temperature)
- combine and mix all dry ingredients in large bowl
- add in milk. mix well. leave to rest for 30mins. cover with tea towel.
- after 30mins, knead and punch the dough slowly
- i divide into 8 small ball (easier to knead & punch)
- leave to rest for another 30mins
- the dough will rise twice the size
- bake at 180Celcius for 20mins
its soft. its fluffy. its fullfilling.
tear it apart. spread butter & jem. worth the effort!
little girl also love it :)