i was excited! i want to bake something for the girls!
this recipe was just right since i have loads of eggs
and just 250g of cream cheese
its my 2nd attempt of making this cake
after the volcano look-alike
i did not get it right!
|thy shall not be dense! :(|
- 140g fine granulated sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 50g butter
- 250g cream cheese
- 100 ml fresh milk
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 60g cake flour /superfine flour
- 20g cornflour (cornstarch)
- Melt cream cheese, butter and milk over a double boiler. Cool the mixture. Fold in the flour, the cornflour, egg yolks, lemon juice and mix well.
- Whisk egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Add in the sugar and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Add the cheese mixture to the egg white mixture and mix well. Pour into a 8-inch round cake pan (Lightly grease and line the bottom and sides of the pan with greaseproof baking paper or parchment paper).
- Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 1 hours 10 minutes or until set and golden brown at 160 degrees C (325 degrees F).
i did take note from my previous failed attempt:
- leave the oven door ajar for 30mins after baking time.
|another volcano wannabe :p|