but the image of her chocolate chocolate chip banana bread
has always been in my mind..
alluring me to taste it..
tempting me to bake it..
the time is just right
when there's too ripe bananas left in the pantry
and someone almost throw it into the dustbin
gimme.. gimme.. gimme..
i'll make you something out of it!
late in the evening.. am still in the office
dear hubby called.. and asked: when r u coming home?
just a minute! am on my way already..
am actually writing down this recipe!
and i missed the most important ingredient!
and i taught it might be a flour-less banana bread
how wrong! totally unacceptable!
that is the price i have to pay
for not telling the truth to my husband
and this is not the first time either!
sigh.. when will i learn?? :(
anyway, i proceeded to add on the flour
after 1 hour of baking
and re-bake for another 40mins
my oh my..
it still taste great despite of its yucky appearance!
am happy to share the recipe here :)
|yucky but yummy-!|
lo & behold..
the greatest moistest chocolate chip banana bread recipe
- 1 stick of salted butter, softened to room temp.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 large ripened bananas mashed ( or 2.5 small bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbs cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips (regular chocolate chips work too)
- *optional 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts <-- i did add
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×5 loaf pan, or 2 mini pans with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
- Stir in egg, mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add baking soda, cocoa, and flour. Mix everything until well incorporated (about 3 minutes in a Kitchenaid mixer).
- Add chocolate chips and nuts (if applicable).
- Pour batter into loaf pan(s) and bake for 50 minutes – 1 hr. Insert a tooth pick into the center of the loaf and check to see if it comes out clean when you pull it out.
- Remove from heat and allow bread to rest in the loaf pan for 10 minutes. Invert the loaf pans onto a cooling rack. Enjoy warm or cold.
i will definitely make this again!
since adikkecik really loves it!