cik abe pun dok tegur gitu since raya posa hr tu..
seluar & kain pun banyak dah ketat!!
kena reduce trial & error of caking la camni..
oleh kerna dah lama teringin nak rasa gingerbread cake
kena buat jugakla.. and this will be the last time
making cake just out of curiosity...
but.. knowing how fickle-minded i am..
its no promise.. :p
initially, am no cake-lover
i never really like the cakes on the shelf
no matter how beautiful it is
i think the taste is dull & boring (mengada2 sungguh!)
except for the expensive ones (RM11.90 per slice is way too pricey!)
until.. i tried to bake myself..
i just cant stop!
when i read the recipes.. i feel like i had to try it.. i wanna taste it..
so, the journey began..
until i put on weight steadily..
until my kain & trousers almost cannot be zipped..
until today.. my last effort of baking cakes for myself
- 2 cups all purpose flour (10 oz)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves <-- not in stock :(
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- *powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir coffee and cocoa powder until smooth – set aside.
- Cream butter, oil, and sugar until it is nice, white, and fluffy (it should look like whipped cream) for 3 minutes using a mixer.
- Add ginger, cloves, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Add eggs and molasses – mixing for a minute.
- Finally add flour and coffee/chocolate mixture and beat for a few minutes.
- Stop the machine, scrape batter from all sides including the bottom and mix again for another minute.
- Pour batter into a bundt pan which has been coated generously with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Allow cake to cool for 8 minutes before shaking the sides loose and inverting it onto a cake plate.