assamu'alaikum wrm wbt
this should be published yesterday ;)
dah lama teringin nak rasa castella cake
tapi rasa saspen... rasa macam susah jek..
sekali jumpa link rotinrice.. siap ada gambar step-by-step
haa.. baru ada rasa konfiden sikit :)
pagi tadi cuba buat.. sblm masak lunch
by now, dah tinggal separuh, jamu anak2 sedara
- 2 egg whites at room temperature
- 2 egg yolks at room temperature
- 5 tbsp (70g) sugar
- 1/3 cup (50g) bread flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp (25g) honey diluted with 1 tbsp hot water
- Line a 7in x 3in (9cm x 19cm) [i use standard 8x4in] loaf pan with aluminum foil followed by parchment paper. Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Place egg whites in mixing bowl and beat at high speed (speed 10*) for 30 seconds until slightly foamy.
- Add sugar in 2 to 3 increments until firm peaks form, about 4 minutes.
- Add yolks one at a time at medium low speed (speed 4*) until well combined, about 1 minute. Add sifted bread flour and beat until just combined.
- Pour in honey mixture and continue to beat for 1 minute.
- Pour batter through a sieve into cake pan. Press with a spatula to help batter go through sieve. Tap pan on the counter to remove air bubbles. Using a spatula, smoothen the top of batter to remove any remaining bubbles.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until top is evenly browned. Toothpick inserted into cake should come out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and drop it from a one foot height onto the counter to prevent shrinkage.
|stairway to heaven? ngeri pulak tengok pisau kat sebelah tu..|
alhamdulillah.. i think my cake does not shrink.. the cake is soft. very soft.. almost similar to chiffon.. but not as moist as chiffon.. but not really dry though. aiyah.. ai memang tak pandai describe-lah. huhuhu.. anyhow. i love it! i love the hint of honey in this cake. i can finish the whole cake by myself if i want to ;)