assalamu'alaikum wrm wbt,
|more pudding than cake. i like it very much! my mom will definitely love it too..|
source: martha stewart
For The Cake
· 2 cups whole milk
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/3 cup farina or Cream of Wheat <-- semolina flour
· 1/3 cup sugar
· 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
· 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
· 1/2 cup plump, moist golden raisins or other dried fruits cut into small pieces
For The Caramel
· Scant 1/2 cup sugar
· Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
· Creme Anglaise ß optional
- Preheat oven to 350 (175C) degrees with a rack set in the center.
- Make the cake: Place milk and salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; immediately reduce heat and stir in farina. Cook according to package directions, stirring and adjusting heat as necessary, until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in sugar and vanilla; let stand until cooled slightly, about 15 minutes.
- Make the caramel: Place an 8-inch round cake pan in oven to preheat. Place sugar, 1/4 cup water, and lemon juice in a small skillet or saucepan over high heat. Stir until sugar is moist and bring to a boil. As sugar begins to caramelize, carefully swirl pan to heat sugar evenly. Cook until sugar begins to turn dark amber in color, about 5 minutes. Remove cake pan from oven and pour caramel into pan, tilting pan to evenly coat; set aside.
- Cake: Stir eggs and raisins into farina mixture and pour into prepared caramel-cake pan. Transfer to oven and bake until firm, puffed up, and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Invert a rimmed serving plate over cake pan and, working carefully (caramel will be very hot), turn pan over onto plate and lift it off; caramel will run down the sides of the cake.
- Let cake cool to room temperature before serving.
|cak!!! nampak kismis terkeluar kat tepi ;)|