assalamu'alaikum wrm wbt,
he did it again! siapa lagi kalau bukan encik suami tersayang.. ;)
this time is a yogurt.
when am at the office, he called and asked..
"aboh kat giant. ummi nak aboh beli apa?" <-- kecek kelate :D
yogurt is one of the item in the very short list.
later in the evening.. boy oh-boy!
i was so shocked to see 1.5L yogurt tub in my fridge!
hampir terjerit, hampir terlompat, hampir ketawa.. dan hampir meleleh air mata
pitam! macam mana mau abiskan ni?????
anyone care to have some yogurt? :D
i think i'll buy some berries.. and turn it to berry-yogurt.
or maybe make some yogurt drink?
well.. the list is quite endless.. rajin tak rajin je.. kan?
anyway, since the yogurt is plentiful.. i made a yogurt cake for my mil
blueberry marble yogurt cake
adapted from chocolateandzucchini
- 1cup yogurt
- 3/4cup sugar <-- the cake is not sweet at all
- 1/3cup vegetable oil
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1/4cup orange juice <-- i added
- 2cups flour
- 1 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt <-- if you insist to measure, use 1/8tsp
- 1/4cup blueberry jam
- preheat oven to 180C. grease 9inch round cake pan. i use 8inch square cake pan.
- in a large mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients: eggs, yogurt, vanilla, oil.
- in another bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, BP, BS and salt.
- stir dry ingredients into wet until just combined.
- pour half of the batter into cake pan. drop 4spoonful of blueberry jam and swirl. pour the balance batter and drop spoons of blueberry jam and swirl to your heart content.
- bake for 35-40minutes until top is golden brown. you might have to tent with aluminium foil to avoid the cake too brownish or crack.
i actually made another batch of yogurt bun and this time, using mixer instead of BM. it took more than 2 hours to raise an inch. i knew something was wrong but i proceeded anyway. and true to my instinct.. another failure! the buns are edible but they were as tough as my husband's muscles. what is wrong with me and yogurt bun??? no chemistry? sedey tau!
anyhow, this blueberry marble yogurt cake is lovely.
lovely to see. lovely to eat. lovely for tea :)
its not a sweet cake and the sweet tinge of blueberry jam complement it very well.
alhamdulillah.. and mil love it as well. i guess :p
i made again this morning.. for staff meeting as well for usrah
i try to add 1/4cup of orange juice and the cake is softer & much fluffier.
i also used almost 1cup of brown sugar. better sweetness this time.. before this the cake is not sweet at all but this time, there's a very slight hint of sweetness which i prefer.