assalamu'alaikum wrt wbt..
this cake is made for fahri's (my nephew) birthday
upon request by her mama. its for her mama actually :p
but i do make another chocolate cake for the birthday boy:
devil's food chocolate cake slice, a recipe that was shared by kak yani of KG
which i had made more than thrice? or five times? or maybe more??
i lost count as i rarely record the same recipe in here..
definitely the best-est chocolate cake ever!!! thanks kak yani!
this is the second time i made this carrot & date cake
the 1st time, i gave half to my auntie.. and half for my sis..
my sis love it. hence the request ;)
my auntie also love it. she asked me to write down the recipe ;)
- 4 eggs
- 315g caster sugar <-- i use 270g only
- 250 ml vegetable oil
- 280g cake flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1tsp fine cinnamon
- 1tsp fine ginger
- 1/2tsp fine nutmeg
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- 375g grated carrot <-- about 3 medium size carrots
- 125ml seedless raisins
- 50g pecan nuts, roughly chopped <-- i use walnuts
- 125ml finely chopped dried dates (about 10-12 dried dates)
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add oil and mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients together, then fold into wet mixture with a metal spoon.
- Now fold in raisins, dates, pecans and carrots.
- Pour batter into 2 x 20 cm lined cake tins, then bake for 35-40 minutes until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, then let it stand in the tins for about 15 minutes before turning out. Cool completely before icing.
- For icing: beat cream cheese and butter together until very light and creamy – about 10 minutes. Add icing sugar and vanilla and beat for a further 2 minutes until smooth and lump free. Spread on first layer, top with second layer, then ice the top and sides of the cake. Sprinkle with chopped pecan nuts/ walnuts.
* my icing recipe which is not so sweet but not so reliable on hot weather:
- 250g cream cheese
- 50g butter
- 150g icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla essence