assalamu'alaikum wrt wbt
i made this cake for the guest who didnt made it to my home..
i have no idea she wont be coming.
i have no idea her hb is coming alone.
well.. i guess we (hb n me) assumed too much..
i asked my hb to call and confirm who will be coming
but he said.. we just be prepared.. and prepare for plan B as well
it turn out we'll be executing plan B after all..
even though its only one person.. tetamu harus dijamu :)
"Sesungguhnya apabila tetamu masuk pada rumah orang mukmin, maka Allah limpahkan 1000 berkat dan 1000 rahmat kepada ahli rumah tersebut." [Durratun Nasihin, ms 22]
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 & 1/2 cups granulated sugar <-- i reduce to 1 1/4cups
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup black cherry jam <-- i used strawberry jam
- confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter until light and creamy. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in sour cream and vanilla, beating until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing just until blended.
- Transfer 1/2 cup of batter to a small bowl. Stir in jam, mixing well. Set aside.
- Pour remaining batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Make a 1-inch trough in the center of the batter all the way around the pan. Spoon batter/jam mixture into trough, spreading evenly. (i skipped this part as my jam is too runny)
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a pick inserted into the center comes out clean and the cake begins pulling away from the edges of the pan.
- Cool cake in pan for about 15 minutes. Then, invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
|pic B. can you find the difference between pic A and pic B?|
kek ni jadi pilihan sebab ada sebotol besar jem stoberi dari norway
buahtangan daripada sepupu yg bekerja disana..
bila terjumpa resepi ni terus teringatkan jem dlm peti es ;)
yg pasti.. this cake is sooooooo soft! lembut bangat!
yg bestnya.. cik abe kata mm.. sedap! susah wo dia nk puji.
skali dpt pujian kembang setaman bini dia ni :p
Alhamdulillah.. segala pujian hanya milik Allah..