assalamu'alaikum wrt wbt
Layali Lubnan means lebanon/ lebanese nights..
some translate it into farina (semolina) pudding pie
whatever name its given.. i soooo love it! am in love with it!
so does my mak. mak borek anak rintik :p
- 2½ cups water or 625 ml
- 1 tin NESTLÉ® Sweetened Condensed Milk or 397 g
- 1/2cup fine semolina or 80 g
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 1 tablespoon blossom water
- 1 cup liquid cream or 250 ml, whipped
- 3 tablespoons pistachio nuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
- In a medium saucepan, place water and NESTLÉ® Sweetened Condensed Milk . Stir occasionally to boil.
- In a separate bowl, beat semolina and eggs together. Add this mixture to the simmering milk, stirring vigorously for 3 minutes or until it thickens.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat; add rose water and orange blossom water. Stir and pour over individual bowls or a large serving plate. Set aside until it cools.
- Decorate with the whipped cream all over the top then sprinkle with pistachio and the toasted almond flakes.
- Serving tips : Serve sugar syrup if desired.
*note: i omit all the decoration simply because i dont have them in my pantry :(