originally named as classic hershey bar cake
i didnt use hershey's bar though.. and not even milk chocolate!
i use beryls dark chocolate
so, patut tukar namakah?
this is made for my x-roommate masa matric dulu
now, she's a doktor pakar in hospital temerloh ;)
am proud of you mate! :)
cant wait to go to your open house :D
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 6 (1.55 oz. each) Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars, melted <— 9.3oz
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s Syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans <-- i use walnuts
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Additional chocolate syrup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan or 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- Beat butter in large bowl until creamy; gradually add granulated sugar, beating on medium speed of mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add chocolate; beat until blended.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to chocolate mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating until blended. Add syrup and vanilla; beat until blended. Stir in pecans. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Sift powdered sugar over top and drizzle with chocolate syrup, if desired. 12 to 16 servings.
the cake is so soft & moist! but it might be too muak for some ppl :|
as for me.. bak kata mei-mei kawan upin & ipin, "saya suka! saya suka!"
i wish to drizzle the cake with choc syrup tapi takut org bertambah muak plak..
so, i just sifted powdered sugar only..
utk tekak seniri.. i drizzle choc syrup to my heart content.. hoyehhh..