assalamu'alaikum wrt wbt
another farewell in the department..
its very sad when great people are leaving us
but they have to move on.. they have created a path for their destiny
rather being in the same place, playing idle..
they dare to shift from their comfort zone into the unknown
i wish all the best and may Allah grant them jannatul firdaus.
|love the streusel!|
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cherries, stemmed, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup almond paste, crumbled <-- i omit this
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 (175C) degrees F. Butter a 9-inch springform pan or pie plate. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Put butter and 1 cup sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in egg, buttermilk, vanilla, and almond extract. Mix until combined.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Arrange cherries on top of batter.
- To make the almond streusel topping-in a small bowl combine flour, brown sugar, almond paste, butter, and salt. Mix together with your fingers until crumbly. Top the cake with streusel topping.
- Bake cake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 (160C) degrees. Bake until cake is golden brown and firm to the touch, about 50-55 minutes. Let cool in pan.