assalamu'alaikum wrm wbt,
mak suka pudding-based delicacies
patricia scarpin kata: "it’s pretty much a clafoutis with a crust"
so, i made this for mak..
alhamdulillah.. she likes it :)
|so hopeless with camera! huhuhu..|
Bill’s cherry tartsource: technicolorkitchen
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon (127g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons (90g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 ¼ cups (175g) all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons almond meal (finely ground almonds)
- 170ml heavy cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 550g fresh cherries, halved and pitted – I used only 450g
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F; butter a 24cm (9 ½ in) round loose-bottomed tart pan (use a pan with high sides otherwise it won’t hold all the cream mixture)
- Make the pastry: stir together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the flour and salt and stir to make a soft dough. Transfer the dough to the prepared pan and press evenly into the base and sides of the pan using your fingertips. Put the pan on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the pastry is slightly puffy. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the almond meal over the base.
- Now, make the filling: in a large bowl, whisk together the cream, eggs, vanilla and sugar. Add the flour and whisk until well mixed. Arrange the cherries, slightly overlapping, over the pastry base and pour the cream filling evenly over the cherries.
- Return the tart to the oven for a further 40-50 minutes or until the filing is firm and golden. Leave to cool and serve with cream or ice cream.
|trying to capture the internal texture - fail miserably :'(|