assalamu'alaikum wrm wbt,
this cake is long overdue..
hajat nak buat dari malam jumaat yg lalu
baru mlm ni terlaksana..
Buttermilk-Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature <-- abt 115g-120g
- 2 tsp. lemon zest or more — zest from 1 large lemon <-- gotta opt out this. no lemon in the house.
- 7/8 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar <-- i just use 3/4cup + 1Tbs
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries <-- blueberry is so very expensive here.. i just use 1cup :|
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Cream butter with lemon zest and 7/8 cup of the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Meanwhile, toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of flour, then whisk together the remaining flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the batter a little at a time, alternating with the buttermilk. Fold in the blueberries.
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan (or something similar) with butter or coat with non-stick spray. Spread batter into pan. Sprinkle batter with remaining tablespoon of sugar. Bake for 35 minutes. Check with a toothpick for doneness. If necessary, return pan to oven for a couple of more minutes. (Note: Baking for as long as 10 minutes more might be necessary.) Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving. <-- i bake for 40mins..