assalamu'alaikum wrm wbt,
anak teruna gebu was asking for cakes/ muffins since last week
he wanted to bring to school for his friends & lovely teacher zarina
(he was so happy to get teacher zarina as his class teacher & kakak was so jealous of him!)
but ummi was busy entertaining her officemate (ye lah tu :p)
so.. last nite i embarked on making this eggless muffins for him
i had to look for eggless recipe since we have only 1 egg left in the fridge!
|a part of 20 mini muffins|
- 2cups All purpose flour
- 1/2cup Sugar
- 1/4cup Butter
- 1/4cup Sunflower oil
- 1/2cup Buttermilk
- 1/2cup Orange juice <-- 1 orange
- 1tsp Orange zest <-- i just use 1 whole orange zest
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 1/2tsp Baking soda
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 2tsp Poppy seeds <-- i just sprinkle a little bit ~ less than 1tsp i think
- Preheat the oven to 350F..Sieve the flour with baking soda and baking powder,add the poppy seeds and keep aside.
- Beat the sugar,butter and oil until the sugar gets well dissolved, immediately add the buttermilk,orange juice,orange zest and vanilla extract, whisk everything well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mix it well with a spatula,batter will be quite thick but don't overmix the batter,else ur muffins will turn hard.
- Drop enough batter to the silicon muffin tray and bake for 20-25minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean..
|using anie's tips to capture the internal texture - camera same level as object :)|