assalamu'alaikum wrm wbt
pagi sabtu yg lalu kelamkabut buat kek ni
utk jamu ipar duai & anak2 sedara di kampung nanti
mentang2 raya cina.. buat kek oren pulak ya.. :D
|simple & easy cake|
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon (127g) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup + 1 tablespoon (162g) caster sugar <-- i used 3/4 cup and still very sweet!
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups + 2 ½ tablespoons (225g) all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder, sifted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- finely grated zest of 1 large orange
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
Orange icing:( i didnt do this)
- 1 ¼ cups (175g) icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- zest of 1 orange, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°; butter a 20x10cm (8x4in) loaf pan* and line with baking paper; butter the paper as well.
- Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes or until light and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat well.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix well. Add the milk, orange juice and zest and mix until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 55 minutes or until golden and cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, then carefully unmold.
- To make the icing: combine the sugar and orange juice in a small bowl and mix to form a smooth paste. Use a palette knife to spread the orange icing over the cake and top with the zest.