mine doesnt turn out feathery at all!
but it taste healthily goody-goody!
yep! its listed under the low-fat bakes & cakes
in this encyclopedia-like book
- 400g canned peach slices
- 50g low fat spread <-- unsure about this but i used low-fat margarine :p
- 40g soft light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50g wholemeal flour
- 50g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp cinnamon powder
- 4tbs skimmed milk <-- i used low fat-milk
- 1/2tsp vanilla essence
- preheat oven to 180Celcius
- drain peaches & put into 1L dish
- add 2tbs of the peach juice into the dish
- put all remaining materials into mixing bowl. mix thoroughly till combined
- spoon the mixture over the peaches & level top evenly
- bake 35-40mins
- lightly dust the top with icing sugar before serving
note: serve with custard:
blend 1tsp arrowroot with 1tbs peach juice in a saucepan. stir remaining juice & simmer for 1 min. <-- i use custard powder & dollop a whipping cream before serving.
this is great as dessert.. and teatime!
i feel wonderful! i feel healthy!