the recipe is adapted from ms. rinnchan's fp
- 100ml warm water
- 20g dry active yeast
- 4tbs hi-protein flour
- 1tbs castor sugar
- 175g rolled oats
- 225g wholemeal flour
- 1L warm water
- 1.5tbs fine salt
- 150ml vegetable oil
- 1.3kg hi-protein flour
- in your mixer, combine & mix slowly the first 4 ingredients: warm water, yeast, 4tbs flour & sugar. let it sit for 5mins.
- add in oats, half of the flour, warm water, brown sugar & vegetable oil into the yeast mixture.
- add in the balance flour & mix until the dough is smooth & does not stick to the sides of the bowl.
- shape dough into a ball & place it in a lightly oiled bowl. cover with clingwrap of moistened kitchen towel for 1hour or risen 2x.
- after it has risen, punch out the air and shape it into a buns or just place it in greased loaf pan. let it rise again.. 2x sizes.
- bake 180Celcius for 30mins.
- i made half of the above recipe & yields 2 loaf pans
- if using pyrex loaf, pls increase the temperature by 5Celcius