the reason behind quickbread name..
its quick & easy todo! hahaha..
this quickbread is for my little one
to munch & munch & munch..
(she only have 2sets of teeth)
- 100gm castor sugar
- 100gm flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 4tbs cornflour
- 130gm butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1tsp vanilla
- 2tbs raisins
- 30gm walnuts, finely chopped
- grated rind of 1/2 lemon
- 3tbs chocolate chips
- icing sugar for dusting
- preheat oven 180Celsius. grease & line loaf pan.
- sprinkle 1.5tbs castor sugar into the pan & tilt to distribute an even layer of sugar to the bottom & sides of pan. shake off the remaining excess
- sift flour, baking powder & cornflour into mixing bowl - 3times
- cream butter in mixer until soft & pale. add remaining sugar until light & fluffy.
- add eggs, 1 at a time
- gently fold the dry ingredients into butter mixturem in 3 batches.
- fold in vanilla, raisins, walnuts, lemon rind & chocolate chip until just blended.
- pour mixture into prepared pan & bake 45-50mins.
- let it cool. dust icing sugar before serving.
my kids helps me to sift the flour.. they lost count & i suppose they did 5times or more!
the result?? looks like an overbeaten batter but doesn't taste like one though..
anyway, little one just munch & munch & munch to her heart content :)