i've been wanting to update what i've baked
but time is not on my side..
i made oat & (not) raisin muffins
just wanted to try out the rolled oat
which is actually past due!
got it from little sis though..
i suppose i'm falling in love with buttermilk..
everything i bake with buttermilk ingredient
feels so soft.. so velvet-y.. so yummy!
- 3oz rolled oats
- 1cup buttermilk
- 4oz butter
- 3.5oz brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 4oz flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 0.5tsp baking soda
- 0.25 salt
- 3oz raisins
- prepare buttermilk: add 1tbs white vinegar or lemon juice into abt 1cup milk (milk must be in room temperature)
- soak oats in buttermilk & let it sit for 1hour (for hi temperature country, i suppose 30mins is enough)
- after 30mins, preheat oven 200C and line muffin tray with papercups
- beat sugar & butter until light & fluffy. add egg
- in another bowl, sift flour, baking powder, soda and salt
- stir flour and oat mixture alternately into butter. flour-oat-flour-oat-flour
- fold in the raisins (i forgot!!!!!)
- scoop into muffin cups. bake 20-25mins.
almost velvety (if not for the oats)!