- 200g plain flour
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp soda bicarbonate
- 4tbs cold butter <--2oz
- 175ml buttermilk
- preheat oven 220Celcius. grease baking sheet.
- sift all dry ingredients into a bowl.
- rub in butter with fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs
- gradually pour in buttermilk, stirring with fork to form soft dough.
- roll out the dough until about 1cm thick
- cut with a 2inch round biscuit cutter
- place on prepared baking sheet
- bake until golden, about 15mins.
- serve warm with cream & jam.
sounds easy rite?
nope! i failed again!! my batter is too sticky.. even after refrigerated it for 1hour :(
with limited knowledge.. i try to modified by adding more flour.. just to get the non-sticky batter.. so that i can roll it & stamp it!
nope! wrong decision!! it turned out a hard+failure_scones :(
not knowing what to do with this failure scones is even worse feeling
am extremely sad.. since this is my dearest hubby's favourite dessert