she will say, we miss your muffins
bila nak buat, asik tak cukup bahan
bila dah cukup bahan, badan pulak kepenatan
malam ni usahakan jugak2..
tapi.. setelah selesai godek & mix everything
baru sedar. eh! muffins ni takdak butter atau minyak!
makcik kata muffins yang sehat la tu buk..
hehe. i wish!
but i "cleverly" added a few tbs of milk
walhasil.. its too moist err.. wet!
the recipe below makes 24muffins or less.
- Olive Oil or Canola spray
- 2 cups Wholemeal self raising flour
- 2 cups white Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 150 ml Low Fat Natural Yoghurt
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 large Banana peeled and chopped
- 1 Pear cored and diced
- ½ cup Buttermilk or low fat milk
- Preheat oven to 170˚C.
- Lightly spray muffin trays with oil.
- Sift flours, returning husk from wholemeal flour to the bowl, add brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs, yoghurt and juice. Combine with the flour mix and fold through fruit and milk (you may need less milk depending on moisture in fruit).
- Do not over-mix. Spoon mixture into trays.
- Bake near the top of the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
Any unsweetened fruit juice maybe used.Use apples, blueberries or other firm fruit to vary the flavour.
Make 12 muffins and 1 loaf, by spooning half the mixture into a greased loaf tin.
Bake the loaf in the middle of the oven for 35 minutes, or until firm and golden brown.
Bake near the top of the oven for 18-20 minutes.
its not sweet at all and a bit err.. wet! huhu..
so very padat & so very full bila makan seketul!
hmm.. i have a feeling the kiddos wont like it..
now am contemplating.. nak bagi ke tak to the kids & t.zarina?
it will ruin my image of supplying muffins sedap! haha. senget! :p