i wanted to conquer my fear of making tarts & pies
i thought i should start with the easiest one
the recipe from joyofbaking.com seems the right choice
i opted out the cran-raspberry sauce
both berries are unavailable
never bought them before
never set my eyes on them
recipe below is a twisted version
according to available materials
- 150gm crushed digestive biscuit
- 2tbs sugar
- 80gm butter - melted
- 8oz cream cheese
- 1/4cup sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1cup heavy whipping cream
- crust: mix all crust ingredients and pressed onto the bottom and sides of a greased removable-bottom tart pan (8 or 9inch).
- cover with plastic and keep in freezer while you prepare for filling.
- filling: beat cream cheese with hand mixer until smooth.
- add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. add vanilla.
- in another bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- combine whipping cream into cream cheese mixture.
- pour the filling over the chilled crust.
- cover and refrigerate overnight <-- i just cover with larger cake pan.
- dollop a spoon of berry sauce (in my case-i use blueberry filling) before serving
- serve it chill-immediately out from the fridge!
my fear is not conquered yet. baking the tart shell is my actual fear :p
mission diverted! but am glad this yummy-creamy-dreamy tart is a HIT!