and i kept it in the freezer
when i want to use it yesterday
the berries are beautiful but soft!
it taste weird too.. :(
how do one keep their strawberries?
or is this fruit is not meant to be frozen??
i was lucky the plums are still available
so, plum traybake it is!
its for today's meeting with the staff ;)
Cream cheese mixture
- 125gm cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 120gm butter
- 120gm soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 140gm all purpose flour
- 1/ 2 tsp baking powder
- 200gm raspberries and strawberries <-- 2plums - stoned and roughly chopped
- Rinse fruits and set aside to air dry.
- Fully line a 8 inch shallow square pan with overlapping baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 160(fan)/180C.
- Sift flour with baking powder, set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, vanilla and sugar until creamy, put into a plastic bag.
- Cut the strawberries and tear raspberries into halves.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one by one, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Put in half of sifted flour and beat until combined and beat in the balance of flour.
- Put 40% of the batter into the lined pan, spread it around.
- Snip a corner (abt 8mm) off the plastic bag with cream cheese in it. Squirt ½ the cream cheese all over the spread out batter.
- Arrange half the fruits over the batter. Gently press them in.
- Dollop remaining batter over fruits, press and spread the batter over the fruit.
- Squirt the balance of cream cheese over cake and arrange the balance of fruits. Gently press the fruits in.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
this is one of my favorite recipe by far!
its full of flavor! one can never get enough with just a square.
i'll make it again. definitely. insyaallah..