insyirah wants to make muffins for her teachers
just because teacher zarina love the muffins that i made before :p
but this time i chose the recipe from nigella's book
the filling & topping ingredients are similar to baklava: nuts and honey
hopefully teacher zarina will like this one too :)
source: nigella's how to be a domestic goddess
- 100g walnuts, chopped
- 75g demerara sugar <-- i use brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 45g butter, melted
- 210g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 45g unsalted butter, melted
- 250ml buttermilk
- 125ml runny honey
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together in a small bowl, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar.
- Mix the egg, melted butter and buttermilk.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add gently mix in the wet ingredients.
- Fill 12 muffin cups 1/3 full, add a tablespoonful of filling, cover with muffin mixture until 2/3 full. Sprinkle any remaining filling on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Put the muffins onto a rack to cool and drizzle with warmed honey.
senang & cepat!
insyirah does it by herself :)
lembut & crunchy
i use ikea's muffins papercase.. which is quite big.. yields only 10pcs.
but the filling yields 20pcs. so i just doubled the muffins recipe & got 20pcs.