1st time buat guna resepi joyofbaking
then try resepi lain yg ada dessicated coconut
i love them both!
the one from joyofbaking is buttery
the other one is lemak2 berkrim berperisa lemon
this time round i tweaked a recipe from simplyrecipes
tapinya pergi masukkan dlm oven then sambung tidur
esok pagi bangun bau satu rumah. waaa.. harumnya!!
tengok2 kek gelap gelemat! huwaaaa.........
kulit luar keras tapi isi kek ok jek
|si legam berkerak masam!|
- 4 ounces (1 stick, 8 Tbsp) butter, softened*
- 1 cup minus 1 Tbsp granulated sugar <-- i minus 2Tbs
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 eggs (room temp)
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup whole milk <-- i use 1/4C coconut milk + 1/4C lowfat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom <-- i replace with ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar <-- i use icing sugar
- 1 Tbsp honey <-- nil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 4x8-inch loaf pan.
- Beat the butter until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the sugar and honey, continue to beat until creamy, a few minutes more. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition to incorporate. On low speed, slowly beat the milk in. Do not worry if the mixture looks a little curdled. Mix in lemon zest.
- Sift together the flour, salt, cardamom, baking powder. Add to the wet ingredients, beating until smooth.
- Place batter in prepared pan and bake for 1 hour at 350°F.
- While the lemon bread is baking, prepare the glaze. Heat the glaze ingredients - lemon juice, sugar, honey - in a small saucepan until the sugar is completely dissolved. <-- i just stir & dissolved icing sugar with lemon juice.
- Once you have removed the bread from the oven, poke holes all over the top with a thin skewer (this will help the glaze penetrate). Spoon the glaze over it while the bread is still in the pan and is still hot. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan and slicing to serve.