i borrowed a recipe book from the library
my eyes just cant keep off the cheese&herb turnovers
but i made my own version..
for the filling
- 200gm flour
- 1/2tsp salt
- 150g cold butter
- 6tbs cold water or more
- mix flour & salt
- rub butter into flour until it became breadcrumbs-like (i use 2 forks)
- add cold water to bind the dough
- shape the dough into round and wrap in plastic
- chill in fridge for at least 30mins.
- after its chilled, roll on floured surface to 1cm thick and cut to round shape <-- i use 2inch and got 16pcs
- put the filling in the center and snap it close (how shall i say this??)
- use fork to hasten the closure (this sounds weird also!)
- bake in preheated oven (you can start to heat once you begin to take it out from fridge) 220C for 30mins.
- glaze with egg wash for beautiful & crunchier effect
- 1pc potato - boil (add salt) till softened & dice small
- 1cup minced chicken
- 1 onion - diced
- 2tbs olive oil
- 1 stalk of celery - dice small
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1tbs marsala powder
- 2tbs water
- fry diced onion with olive oil till fragrant. add marsala powder
- throw in minced chicken, celery and water
- let it cook
- add diced potato. cook till the water is almost dry.
my turnovers are over-baked!
since i made a small size, i reduce the time to 20mins..
after 20mins, it still not brown-ish in color
i turn the knob to add 5 more mins
and it stays unmoved for more than 15mins!