kecoq ayaq lioq tengok!!
tapi sangatla jarang ada stok daging kat rumah ni..
budak2 kurang minat..
bila dapat daging korban..
memang resepi ni ja dalam kepala!!
sesudah subuh dah mula operasitapi masih tak sempat la jugak..
patut simmer 2jam.. saya buat 1jam aja
kalau tunggu 2jam memang kena apply cuti la jawabnya!
sungguh gumbira bila anak2 suka :)
(kena buat sokmo2 la nih..)
apa itu goulash?(dah selesai makan baru sibuk nak cari :p)
rupanya goulash ni beef stew originating from hungary
yang diletak paprika dan pelbagai jenis sayur-mayur
biasanya dimakan dengan nasi atau pasta..
balik dari ofis tgk ada lebihan goulash..
yahu! boleh buat shepherd pie :D
sebab lebihan tak banyak mana..
modify dulu.. tambah bendi & terung, potong kecik2
tambah air sikit.. tambah worchestershire sos sikit..
simmer another half & hour.. baru scoop ke dalam bekas
dan top-up dengan mashed potato & bakar
maka jadiklah goulash pie ;)
aiseh! lupa nak snap pic goulash tu..
dah jasik pie baru teringat :(
|the goulash pie - looks like shepherd pie but the inti is different ;)|
the goulash recipe:
c&p directly from exclusivelyfood
(i made half of below recipe)
- 30ml (1 1/2 tablespoons) oil (we use extra-light olive oil)
- 1kg trimmed and diced beef chuck steak
- 2 medium onions (about 300g total), peeled and finely diced
- 2 medium carrots (about 280g total), peeled and chopped
- 1 large (about 320g) red capsicum, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves (about 16g total), peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon (13g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon (3g) caraway seeds <-- tak letak pun. not in stock :(
- 2 teaspoons (6g) ground mild paprika
- 2 teaspoons (6g) ground hot paprika
- 500ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 400g canned diced tomatoes <-- i use 1 can of tomato puree + 1/2cup water
- Salt, to taste
- 40g (2 tablespoons) sour cream
- Heat one tablespoon (20ml) of the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan or stockpot over high heat. When the oil is hot, add half the meat and cook, turning occasionally, until browned (about six minutes). Remove pan from the heat and transfer browned meat to a dish.
- Add the remaining meat and half the remaining oil to the pan. Cook as above, reducing the heat if the pan becomes too hot. Transfer second batch of meat to the dish with the first batch.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining oil, onion, carrot, capsicum and garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about eight minutes, until vegetables have softened slightly.
- Add flour, caraway seeds and paprika to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, for one minute.
- Return meat and any juices to the pan. Add stock, tomatoes and salt and stir to combine.
- Increase heat to high and bring mixture to the boil. Cover pan (have the steam vent on the lid shut) and reduce heat so that the mixture is simmering. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 1/2 hours, or until the meat is tender. <-- i cooked for 1hr only due to time constraint :(
- Remove the lid and simmer (you may need to increase the heat slightly to maintain a simmer) for about 30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened to the desired consistency.
- Remove from the heat and either stir in sour cream and serve, or store until required.
- The goulash can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator or freezer. Reheat and then stir in sour cream before serving. © http://www.exclusivelyfood.com.au/
- 4-5pcs potato
- 1/2tsp salt
- 2tbs butter
- 1/2cup milk
- 2tbs yogurt
- 100g shredded cheddar cheese
- boil potato in salted water until soft and tender.
- drain the potato and mash with butter, salt, milk and yogurt.
- top the mashed potato onto goulash (goulash is poured onto baking dish)
- sprinkle cheese on top.
- bake for 30mins in pre-heated 190C oven.