until i saw this recipe in thelittleteochew blog
i was craving for this kinda choc cake!
since dear hubby brought home a tub of vanilla ice-cream
tanpa berlengah masa.. balik dari ofis terus godek2 dapur
(luckily, cik abe already buy us dinner - my buka puasa treat :) )
but i made half portion only..
(itupun jenoh nak habiskan!)
the recipe below is original, full portion
taken from thelittleteochew
- 1.5 cups (181g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (57g) cake flour
- 1 cup (92g) Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2.25 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups (340g) unsalted butter, softened
- 2.5 cups (500g) granulated sugar (sorry, I just couldn't! I reduced this to 380g)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (242g) sour cream (or crème fraîche) <-- i use 1cup of natural yogurt
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease the inside of a 10-inch Bundt pan (i use loaf pan only). Dust with flour.
- Sift the flours, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, beat the butter at medium speed until very creamy, about 2 minutes. Gradually beat in the sugar. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat until the mixture is well-blended and light, about 4 minutes. At medium speed, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- In a small bowl, stir the vanilla extract into the sour cream. If your mixer has a splatter shield attachment, attach it now. At the low speed, add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the sour cream mixture in 2 additions and mixing just until blended. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake the cake for 65 to 75 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Then invert the cake onto the rack and let it cool completely.
i should've made flourless choc cake :|
it does satisfy my craving!! after 24hrs in fridge..
it became muddy & dense & very2 chocolatey. yumms!
pengajaran: lain kali sabar lebih sikit.. jgn terus ngap masa kek masih panas :p