utk department meeting pagi ini..
dah lama berhajat nak buat..
dari sblm puasa..
tertangguh sampai lepas raya
sukanya bila dapat buat!
cuma syahdu stoberi xdak..
just make do with peach & prune only
resepi asal tgk di happyhomebaking
saya betul2 terinspirasi tgk dia buat kek & roti
belajar sendiri.. experimen sendiri.. sampai jadi!
yg saya pulak.. sibuk cuba itu ini
satu kepakaran pun x wujud!
resepi.. nnti saya update
off to office 1st!
c&p directly from happyhomebaking:
- 100g butter, soften at room temperature
- 200g caster sugar
- 50g sour cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon or orange zest
- 210g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 500g fruits* tossed with 2 tablespoon sugar*
- Wash, cut (chunks or slices, as desired) and drain fruits, toss with sugar (if desired) and set aside. (if using canned fruits, wash the fruits to remove the syrup, omit the sugar).
- Grease (with butter) and flour the side of a 9" round pan or a 8" square pan and line the base with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar and sour cream (or yogurt) till light and fluffy.
- Dribble in the eggs gradually and beat till incorporated in the batter. (The mixture may appear slightly curdled.)
- Add vanilla extract and zest. Mix to combine.
- Sieve over flour and baking powder and mix till smooth. (To avoid getting flour all over my work surface, I mixed the flour into the batter using a spatula, just a few strokes will do, then I used the electric mixer to mix the batter till smooth.)
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Arrange fruits on top, don’t press the fruits down into the batter. Decorate the fruits as desired.
- Bake in pre-heat oven at 180degC for 60-70 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the cake. Cover the top with foil in the last 15 mins of baking to prevent the top from getting over browned.
- Leave the cake to cool in the pan for about 5~10 mins. Unmold and transfer to wire rack to let cool completely. Dust the cake with some icing sugar if desired.