tapi stok apple dah susut.. kesian pulak kat cik abe..
itulah dinner dia hampir setiap hari..
plum pun cuma tinggal seketul
mujur kiwi yg keras dan masam masih banyak
so, kiwi and plum it is :)
sumber: popina book of baking
sweet shortcrust pastry
- 250g plain flour
- 125g unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 85g golden caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 45g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90g golden caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2tsp baking powder
- 90g plain flour
- 2 bramley apples, cord and cut into 1cm thick
- 10victoria plums, stoned and halved
- 3tbs apricot jam to glaze (optional)
- sweet shortcrust pastry: put flour, butter and sugar in a mixer and blitz until you get crumbs. add eggs and mix again. take out the dough and bring together into a ball. put the dough on a lightly flored surface and roll until 3-4mm thick. line the tart tin with the dough and trim excess neatly around the edges.
- sponge dough: mix butter and sugar with electrick whisk until combined. mix in the egg and baking powder with the whisk, then gently fold the flour by hand (spatula) until evenly combined. spoon into the tart shell and spread evenly.
- scatter the apples and plums all over the sponge.
- bake in a preheated oven (160C) for 40mins. when the tart is ready, the fruit will have sunk a little and the sponge will have risen up in parts and be golden.
- remove from oven and leave to cool for few minutes.
- in the meantime, put apricot jam, if using in a small saucepan and heat gently until melted and runny. brush the jam all over the tart filling with a pastry brush and leave for a few more minutes before serving. alternatively, serve it straight from the fridge with a helping of custard.