opismate usulkan buat kek yg ada apple, apricot & nuts..
tak puas agaknya makan kek apple, apricot & walnut haritu ;)
bila tgk kek ni dlm foodbuzz, dia terus tergoda!
(gambar2nya mmg lawa bangat!)
tapi dia taknak glaze/ icing..
saya cadang nak tabur baki gula+cinnamon
tapi silap percaturan..
tabur sebelum bakar
maka jadilah kerak hitam manis!
dok belek & telek resepi nigelslater's almond apricot cake
the volcano cake that i never got to taste..
hmm.. tanpa raising agent.. rasa macam lagi sedap
but the execution is a bit troublesome.
kensel. jalankan projek yg diusulkan saja.
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced fresh apricot (or dry apricot soaked in hot water for 10 minutes) <-- i soaked in hot tea
- In a medium bowl cream together the butter and sugar until well combined and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating for 30 seconds after each addition. Stir in the vanilla and almond extract.
- To the butter mixture all all at once the almond flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix on low speed until the mixture is smooth. Fold in the chopped apricots.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the cake springs back when gently pressed in the center and the edges pull away from the sides of the pan. After 30 minutes you may need to loosely cover the top of the cake with foil to prevent over-browning. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn the cake out into a wire rack to cool completely.
am actually experimenting or rather re-trying the use of almond extract.
i used 1/4tsp in tiramisu and i really truly regret it!
now, am using it in a cake but..
i think am gonna trow it away.. (the extract. not the cake).
the taste of 1/4tsp almond extract in 1/2kg cake is so overpowering!
ok. am exaggerating.. its just a remote taste.
tapi tetap rasa macam ubat!!!
apart from the weird-medicinal taste
the cake is soft & moist!
if i were to make this again..
i'll opt out the almond extract/ essence.